Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lab Day

Hey everyone,

Wednesday's are lab days for me. The 10am start is pretty good, I have to admit. This term, labs aren't nearly as bad as last. I gotta tell you though, I spent a good six hours working on my lab report last night, making adjustments and such. There's so much mathematics involved that if one value is off, it causes a cascade of incorrect values down the line. So you can imagine the kind of time it took to correct.

Despite the staff saying we would be told what experiment we were doing this week in advance, I haven't seen any indication of that happening. I went up to the labs there about twenty minutes ago and didn't see any sign of a timetable. So I guess you could say we are flying blind today. No need to worry, of course. These labs are more than doable without preparation. It's generally taking readings and having a chat all the while.

I went to the cinema last night to see The Reader. Okay, so there's a lot of sex scenes at the start, but it all makes sense in the end. In all seriousness, it was a good movie, one where the story was the most important aspect. No action per se, but a good solid story. Plus, popcorn is goooood.

Okay, I've got seven more minutes until I have to head up to the lab with my overcrowded bag. Headphones, lunchbox, lab coat and lab equipment - it's like I have a human head in there.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment