Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gettin' the head down

Saturday mornings are usually times of work for me. You get up relatively early, you work for a while and then you watch a game or two in the evening to take it easy. For the last month or so while I was on holidays, I can't say I did any work. I probably should have, but it's too late now to be regretting it. That's why I'm inspired suddenly to get the head down and into the books, because those exams creep up on you like a drug addict in a shady inner city alleyway.

Saturdays are also good days for sport. Today, Manchester United, my soccer team, won a game in the 90th minute to go top of the table. All well and good. I only wish my Carolina Panthers had won last weekend and were in this Sunday's NFC Championship game. On a Panthers note, I completed my mock offseason and posted it on footballsfuture.com. If anyone is interested, here is the link: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289993&sid=fc9f9222f87aec109ce5ebc0f5dfceb1

Whoa, those links get pretty complicated near the end there. Kind of makes you wonder who comes up with them or what process they are randomised by.

So tonight is the East-West Shrine Game, showcasing the best under-the-radar seniors in college football. The NFL Draft is only 98 days away, so it's also creeping up. This is an exciting time of the year in the NFL despite the fact the season is almost over. The Super Bowl looms large, and I wonder if my 6/1 bet on those Cardinals will pay off - literally.

So I'm off now to meet up with my girlfriend to spend some quality time together. Tomorrow morning, I feel the study/lab report writing will start again, but I have that newfound energy to get the head down now, so it's not that tough.

I'll get you, exams! :D

Until next time, loyal readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment