Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fantasy Football: My Dynasties Through Week 8

So we're back again with another update on my dynasty leagues. I really love the ebb and flow of fantasy football. Last night I had a 100+ point lead in one of my leagues going into MNF but my opponent had six players. I only won by 14 points in the end or something like that, so I was sweating it. Anyway, here are the updates on my teams.

SCHNOCKERED DYNASTY
Team Name: The Sofa King Awesomes
Team Record: 0-8 (and headed for the #1 pick!)

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it went ahead and did anyway. Look, I'm not shocked that I've lost this week. It's a bye week, my lineup isn't as strong as normal and so on. I'm just shocked I've lost eight in a row. Let that sink in for a moment, people.

Eight games, no wins.

I've come to the point where I'm looking forward to 2011 and 2012. Yep, I'm officially blowing up the team. This move may come back to bite me in the ass, but I firmly believe that I have to sell all of my veteran players who don't figure into my long term plans ASAP. I hope to cash in to get some draft picks and young prospects. The bottom line is that this team won't be competing for a championship for at least two years.

Best Performer: Larry Fitzgerald

Good ol' Fitz spared me the embarassment of having an even worse day. As it was, I only put up 79 points or something horrible like that. In the offseason I'll be updating you via the blog as to how the rebuilding effort for the team is going. For now, you'll have to deal with my whining every week.

BLACK AND BLUE IDP DYNASTY
Team Name: The Wet Bandits
Team Record: 7-1 (and currently the #1 seed)

Can I just start by saying "woo hoo"? Yeah, I'm pretty happy with how things are going in this league. First of all, it's IDP, so it's instantly better than Schnockered Dynasty. Secondly, I'm 7-1 and looking good while doing it. The bye weeks have slowed down the points juggernaut that I was in the first few weeks of the season, but I'm over the worst of the byes now.

I got a close win this week, but they all count. Being the #1 seed with only a few more weeks to play is a nice position to be in. I'm still only a game ahead in the division though, so I have to keep winning to pull away from the pack. If you asked me now to predict my end of season record, I would say (with four more weeks remaining) that I'll finish 10-2. Go Bandits!

Best Performer: Jason Witten

He's done it again! He's the MVP of the team for the second week running. I'm happy I made a trade for him. The Romo injury actually works in my favour, because Witten will get a lot more looks from Kitna. Tight ends get a premium 1.5 PPR in this league too, so keep on catching balls Jase!

DYNASTYGUYS IDP CHARTER LEAGUE
Team Name: Puntzilla's Barnstormers
Team Record: 6-3

A win this week over one of the best players in the league, Orange Crush, came somewhat as a surprise to me. He was missing a lot of his key players entering the game, and so the low points output wasn't a surprise. I'm happy to get this win to make me two games clear in my division with about 5 weeks left in the season, including a Week 13 doubleheader. I'm excited about this league because it has so many good players in it, including expert Sigmund Bloom.

Best Performer: Devin McCourty

Great job to Devin this week for being my highest scorer. He was a guy I just threw in this week to replace Charles Tillman, but he could be worth holding onto now. His 4 solo tackles, 1 assist and big interception (and return) were the difference for him. Keep it up, Devin, and you may find yourself in my good graces again.

That will do it for this week's update. I'm going to finish off with a guy that, barring any setbacks, will be my #1 pick in the Schnockered Dynasty rookie draft.

Mark Ingram, I'm coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment