Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fantasy Football: My Dynasties Through Week 9

First off, I'm officially putting a bag over my head for the 2010 Carolina Panthers. This is a drastic move, but it has to be done. Matt Moore is now on injured reserve, and with him goes our only chance at having even a semblance of a passing game. Injuries piled up on Sunday against New Orleans like there was no tomorrow. It's bitterly disappointing, but I'm ready to wash my hands of John Fox and this coaching staff and move on. I'm officially on the Andrew Luck bandwagon and I really hope we have a chance to draft him.

Back to fantasy football, where things are going slightly better. Here are the updates following Week 9:

SCHNOCKERED DYNASTY
Team Name: The Sofa King Awesomes
Team Record: 0-9 (and still on a collision course for the #1 pick!)

A 134-105 loss isn't terrible for this team, let's be honest. I'm actually not even the lowest scorer in the league. In fact, the lowest scoring team has three wins! How uncool is that, huh? Okay, so I've done a lot of soul searching with this team, and I'm making some moves now to solidify the future of the franchise. Veterans are being shipped off rapidly for draft picks and young talent. What I need most is young talent at RB, hence my love for Mark Ingram as the #1 pick in my rookie draft.

I'll detail my offseason plan in more detail at a later time. Now to this week's best performer award.

Best Performer: RB Brandon Jackson, Green Bay Packers

This is one I didn't see coming at all. Jackson got me a nice 22 points against the hapless Dallas Cowboys. I'm actively trying to trade Jackson now for a 2nd round rookie pick as I don't believe he has a lot of long term value. Kudos to him for his good game.

So, no change in Schnockered Dynasty...

BLACK AND BLUE IDP DYNASTY
Team Name: The Wet Bandits
Team Record: 7-2 (and still the #1 seed)

Yep, this league is proving to be a lot of fun this year. It's very competitive. Not as competitive as I would like, but it still offers a great challenge. This week I lost only my second game of the season, and it was mainly due to the sheer number of points my opponent put up. I'm the #1 seed currently, but only by a game. It's getting very tight all of a sudden, so I need to go on a winning streak now and secure that first round bye.

Best Performer: CB Richard Marshall, Carolina Panthers

Richard Marshall came up with a really solid 29 point effort. 7 tackles, an assist and a big interception return resulted in the big score, but unfortunately the Panthers couldn't pull out a win. I'd trade a loss in this league and all my leagues for a Panthers winning season. I really would. Marshall has been a consistent CB1 for my team this season, and I hope that continues into the postseason (if I get there!).


DYNASTYGUYS IDP CHARTER LEAGUE
Team Name: Puntzilla's Barnstormers
Team Record: 6-4

Damn, I hate losing in this league. The good news is that I'm still top of my division and I only lost narrowly this week. It's coming to that time when all your roster moves count, and you have to be really dead on with who you start each week. Eight teams in this league make the playoffs, but boy would I like to be one of those teams with a bye or a high seed.

I'm confident that I'll be in the postseason, but I can't afford any more slip ups with such good competition.

Best Performer: DE Jared Allen, Minnesota Vikings

You know that moment in the Lion King when Rafiki (that crazy monkey) says of Simba: "He's aliiiiive! Oh hoh hoh!" and so on? Well, that's kinda how I feel right about now regarding one Jared Allen. He finally got a sack to his name after a long drought. In fact, he got 2.5 sacks. Sacks are worth a lot of points in this league. I need this guy to keep putting up good performances if I'm going to get high scores. His 31 points this week topped my team. Credit has to go as well to Dez Bryant, who despite the Cowboys smelliness still put up 23 points.

And so the season goes on. Week 10 (really?) is approaching fast, and with the TNF game I'll have to make sure I've got my lineups set early. Until next time, I hope you enjoyed reading about my dynasties.

Man Crush Of The Week: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

Come to Carolina!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment