Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fantasy Football: My Dynasties Through Week 7

Here we go again, people. It's my fantasy football teams update after seven weeks of the regular season are in the books. Seven weeks already... wow.

SCHNOCKERED DYNASTY
Team Name: The Sofa King Awesomes
Team Record: 0-7 (Lost 122-135)

Ugh... it's not looking good and we're not sofa king awesome right now by any means. This team has been through a lot and we're firmly in the process of rebuilding. Come on, even the Colts needed the #1 pick to take Peyton Manning at one time, and look what that did for their franchise! It was disappointing to lose this week by such a small margin to the highest scoring team in the league. With the team I have to field, scoring 122 is actually pretty darn good.

Best Performer: Matt Ryan

Ryan's 29 point effort was not enough to get me over the top in this particular game, but the important thing is that he is my franchise QB for the long term and at least I have that sorted. He is an incredible 18-1 at home all time, so you have to start him in the dome. On the road... not so much.

BLACK AND BLUE IDP DYNASTY
Team Name: The Wet Bandits
Team Record: 6-1 (Lost 309-257)

I knew a loss was coming eventually, so I can't say I'm too displeased with this. Still, the allure of a perfect season in fantasy football was a big goal of mine. Sadly, that isn't going to happen. The good news is that I am currently the #2 seed and if the playoffs began today, I would have a first round bye and would go through to the championship round. I'm very confident that I can continue my good form in this league. I have a lot of good players on both sides of the ball.

Best Performer: Jason Witten

That is an image you won't be seeing for a while. Tony Romo's injury has really thrown a spanner in the works for the Cowboys already ailing season. Witten can still be productive as an outlet for Jon Kitna, however. His 28 point effort was a good showing on MNF. Unfortunately my opponent had Dez Bryant, who was quite simply, incredible. Witten is a guy I made a trade for in this league in preseason to get me over the top at the TE position, and I am still a believer in his ability to be consistent for the rest of the year.

DYNASTYGUYS IDP CHARTER LEAGUE
Team Name: Puntzilla's Barnstomers
Team Record: 5-3 (Won 256-240)

It was a tighter win than I would have liked, but I got the job done. I'm also leading my division and I'm fourth in the league in points scored. Not too shabby. Injuries have taken their toll somewhat, but I am confident I can get through them.

This coming week I'm playing my good friends Tristan and Greg Akiyama, the only father-son fantasy football co-owners that I know. They're two stand up guys and know their stuff. I still don't buy that it's their first IDP league. They're too savvy for that :) It's a titanic matchup, as his team, Orange Crush, stands at 7-1. I'll need to score a lot of points to beat these guys.

Best Performer: Charles Tillman

A 27 point effort from Charles Tillman was a nice return for a matchup against the Redskins. Tillman is such a consistent performer this year. Unfortunately he's on bye this coming week, so I won't be able to benefit from his big point totals. Urgh...

That's going to do it for this week. So in summary:

I'm rebuilding in Schnockered and fully expect to have the number one pick.

In B&B, I'm optimistic of a playoff appearance.

In DG, I'm leading the division and there are 8 spots in the playoffs, but anything is possible. I just have to finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment