Friday, October 1, 2010

NFL Week 4 Predictions

We're approaching the quarter pole of the marathon that is the 2010 NFL season. It's hard to believe we're already at Week 4, but there are plenty of interesting (and juicy) matchups to sink our collective teeth into. Let's get right to it, shall we?

New York Jets (2-1) @ Buffalo Bills (0-3)
Boy, has Mark Sanchez turned the Jets offensive ship around in the past two weeks. Sanchez has been firing passes everywhere with confidence and has developed a special rapport - perhaps even on the Manning/Clark level - with TE Dustin Keller. The Jets sneaky pickup of 3-4 DE Trevor Pryce from the Ravens could prove to be important in the long term for this team. The Bills have struggled in the first few games, but showed some signs of life in New England last week. If the Bills can continue to effectively use C.J. Spiller in creative ways, they have a chance. The Jets are too strong for this rebuilding Bills team in my opinion and should come out with a victory. Jets 31, Bills 13

Cincinnati Bengals (2-1) @ Cleveland Browns (0-3)
Carson Palmer, are you in there buddy? Trust me, I'm a Panthers fan who watched our team squander about five opportunities at interceptions last week against the Bengals and I can tell you that Palmer doesn't look like himself. I can't put my finger on it. The Browns need to come up with a win here to salvage their teetering season. In my upset special this week, I'll take the Browns to pull off an unlikely win with a big help from Hillis and Cribbs. Browns 20, Bengals 13

Baltimore Ravens (2-1) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (3-0)
This game ought to be a spicy meatball of a game. In other words, watchable and entertaining for all. Although I'll be watching my Panthers attempt to save our season against the Saints, the Ravens/Steelers rivalry is one that fans cannot ignore. I'm a huge fan of great defense, so I can't wait to see how these teams match up.
Steelers 20, Ravens 17

Denver Broncos (1-2) @ Tennessee Titans (2-1)
Pass, pass, pass and pass again. That is the new offensive philosophy of the Broncos and thanks to a competent Kyle Orton, it is working a charm for the men from Mile High. The Titans come off a somewhat fortuitous win agains the Giants on the road, but will be too strong for the Titans in Nashville. Titans 31, Broncos 23

Detroit Lions (0-3) @ Green Bay Packers (2-1)
Poor Lions... I wonder how their season would have turned out had that Calvin Johnson catch been ruled a TD in Week 1. Think of it. The Bears wouldn't be perfect, the Lions may have carried that momentum onwards and even beaten Philly. Without Stafford at QB, this will be a tall task, so I'll be safe and take a pissed Packers team to rebound. Packers 27, Lions 13

San Francisco 49ers (0-3) @ Atlanta Falcons (2-1)
Applause for Atlanta! I have to give them credit for pulling off the upset in New Orleans. It was a big step forward for this franchise. The 49ers are going the opposite direction unfortunately. I like Singletary as a head coach, but he'll need a big performance from his guys to win this. Atlanta are notoriously tough at home, so I'll take the birds. Falcons 30, 49ers 20

Carolina Panthers (0-3) @ New Orleans Saints (2-1)
In my new article at Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/479557-wild-thing-how-the-panthers-could-beat-the-saints) I detail how the Panthers use of the Wildcat could prove effective in beating the Saints. In reality, I don't think this coaching staff will be able to come up with enough with a rookie QB at the helm to get the win. Saints 38, Panthers 13

And now time for some quick fire predictions

Seattle Seahawks (2-1) @ St. Louis Rams (1-2)
Rams win in an upset special. Bradford is special. Rams 28, Seahawks 21

Indianapolis Colts (2-1) @ Jacksonville Jaguars (0-3)
Sorry Jack, you may have to hit the road soon. Colts 30, Jags 10

Houston Texans (2-1) @ Oakland Raiders (1-2)
Foster gets his and the Texans get a big road win. Texans 20, Raiders 13

Washington Redskins (1-2) @ Philadelphia Eagles (2-1)
Massive game for both teams, but Vick is scary. Take the Eagles. Eagles 23, Redskins 20

Arizona Cardinals (1-2) @ San Diego Chargers (1-2)
Ryan Mathews, meet the Cardinals. Chargers 30, Cardinals 14

Chicago Bears (3-0) @ New York Giants (1-2)
With news that Kiwanuka is out with a neck injury, the Giants D line is struggling, but I have to take them to rebound. Giants 24, Bears 20

New England Patriots (2-1) @ Miami Dolphins (2-1)
God I love Monday Night Football. That Hank Williams theme gets me so fired up. Tough one to call, but I like the Fins. Dolphins 28, Patriots 24

No comments:

Post a Comment