Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fantasy Football: My Dynasties Through Week 15

The end of the season is nigh both in real life and fantasy football. It's sad how quickly the season goes in, but boy do I enjoy every second of it. There's nothing like an NFL Sunday. Absolutely nothing. I look forward to Week 16 as I compete for my first ever fantasy championship in two leagues, one with the possibility of a lot of money coming my way and the other just for pride. The fact that I am in the championship hunt is a nice feeling.

I just want to send a quick shout out to my best friend John Nash who had to suffer his Giants falling to the Eagles after giving up 21 points in eight minutes including a DeSean Jackson punt return TD as time expired. That was one of the most unbelievable losses I've ever witnessed. Don't worry John, your boys will make the playoffs.

SCHNOCKERED DYNASTY
Team Name: The Sofa King Awesomes
Team Record: 2-12

I'm not even going to say much here, other than I played in a consolation game and lost. Look, I'm optimistic for this team long term and I like the players I have. I'm just not quite there yet. Another draft will get me there, especially if I can add a great talent like Ingram or Green in the first round.

BLACK AND BLUE IDP DYNASTY
Team Name: The Wet Bandits
Team Record: 9-3* (* = clinched playoff berth)

So in the all-play format of this league (which I particularly like) I'm now 5-1 after scoring enough points to beat all but one of my opponents in Weeks 14 and 15. I'm disappointed not to be 6-0, but True Grit just scored a lot of points this week. It's very exciting to know that I have a chance to secure my first fantasy football championship. We're discussing the possibility of a trophy in this league too, which would make the winning of the league all the more sweet considering I would also win 325 dollars in cash money. Oh yes, I'm reeeeeeeally looking forward to this week's games. If I better or match the record of True Grit this week, then I am the champion.

Here is how it stands as of now:

Wet Bandits 5-1
True Grit 4-2
Mudville 3-3

So it's basically between myself and TG. Bring it on!!!

Best Performer: TE Jason Witten (35 points)

I have to applaud myself for making a trade in preseason that may just result in winning a championship. I made the trade to get Witten and in the process gave up Jennings and a couple of other players. I got a good package in return, including a 2nd round pick. The funny thing is that I made that trade with True Grit, the only one who stands in my way. Witten's 35 points helped me secure a 2-1 record this week. He has been on fire recently. Great job Jason.

DYNASTYGUYS IDP CHARTER LEAGUE
Team Name: Puntzilla's Barnstormers
Team Record: 11-4 (#3 seed in playoffs)

The good news is that the guy who beat me in the playoffs is in the championship game, so if he wins I won't look so bad. :) Well, all I can say is that I'm happy I could add Jamar Chaney, middle linebacker for the Eagles, before his breakout game this week against NYG. He posted a 12-4 line which is studly and looked good doing it. I'll probably hang on to Chaney long term or sell him to the highest bidder, but LB is not a big strength of mine in this league.

That's all I have to say about this league. I just can't wait to compete next season and get to the title game this time.

Until next time! I hope I have good news to report next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment