Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fantasy Football: My Dynasties Through Week 13

Celebrations are in order this week as I've made the playoffs in two of my main leagues - DG IDP Charter League and Black and Blue IDP Dynasty. I mean, both berths were essentially locked up last week but the end of the regular season in most fantasy football leagues just makes it all the more official.

In Panthers news, we lost again to Seattle last Sunday. After a strong 14-0 start, we gave up 31 straight points. The offense was really clicking in the first half, but it seemed that Clausen went into his shell and lost his mojo after the pick six that Lofa Tatupu managed to snag on a PA full back pass into the flat. Why we didn't run the ball on 3rd and 1 having run pretty well the entire game up to that point confuses me. Jeff Davidson simply has to go as the offensive coordinator. There's not enough ingenuity in the playbook. We need a QB coach to be offensive coordinator. The good news is that we're one loss closer to Andrew Luck. With games remaining against Atlanta twice, Pittsburgh and Arizona, we should have the No. 1 overall pick.

On to fantasy football!

SCHNOCKERED DYNASTY
Team Name: The Sofa King Awesomes
Team Record: 2-12

The regular season is over (mercifully for me) in this particular league, and I ended up with only two wins. As you look closer, however, I was very competitive in a lot of my games. Here are some of the close margins I lost games by (and keep in mind that this is a team firmly in rebuilding mode): 3, 10, 13, 6. They're close games if I've ever seen them. What this means is that there is room for optimism for the future. I've done a lot to improve this squad over the past two seasons and hopefully I'll be able to finish strong in the Consolation playoffs. I'm the reigning champion, after all.

Best Performer: QB Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

When your best performer gets you only 16.8 points, you know things aren't going so well for you. I lost the game this week 126-87. I left Marshawn Lynch and his 28 point game on the bench. It wouldn't have made a difference in the end as my opponent had Tom Brady on MNF, but it would have been nice to put up a more respectable score. Kudos to Matt Ryan for being a very consistent player for me throughout the season. He is the one of the building blocks of the team.

BLACK AND BLUE IDP DYNASTY
Team Name: The Wet Bandits
Team Record: 9-3* (* = clinched playoff berth)

Well, I had a bye this week, so there wasn't even a need to set my lineup. Now we enter the three week all-play playoffs which I am very excited about. It means that even if you have a bad week, you can come back the next week and post a better score hopefully. I hope it doesn't come down to that. I'm fired up and ready to go for next week, when it will be absolutely crucial to optimise the players in my lineup to get the best score possible.

DYNASTYGUYS IDP CHARTER LEAGUE
Team Name: Puntzilla's Barnstormers
Team Record: 11-4 (#3 seed in playoffs)

In the doubleheader final regular season week, I managed to go 2-0 to end the season on an impressive five game winning streak. It's the perfect situation to be in going into the playoffs. The playoff seedings are set now. I'll be the #3 seed, meaning I'll face the #6 seeded Bourne Rockers, who have also been on a very good run. It promises to be a tense affair as whoever loses is out, no questions asked. I would be massively disappointed if I didn't get past the first round.

Some bad news marred the victories and that was the news of Dez Bryant's broken ankle, meaning he will not be available to me for the remainder of the season. Luckily I have excellent depth at WR, but Santana Moss hasn't been lighting it up recently by any means.

Best Performer: LB Stephen Tulloch, Tennessee Titans

What a player this guy has been for me in two of my leagues! Tulloch has been the model of consistency. He hasn't failed to put up less than double digit points in any week and hasn't missed a game either. This week his 34 point effort (14 solo tackles, 3 assists) was a big factor in my two victories. With the Titans offense stumbling, I'm hoping for more of the same down the stretch from my LB1.

Unbelievable as well that one of the teams in the league is 0-15! I just can't believe he hasn't been able to get even one win. I feel bad for him but he still participates and makes moves to improve his team. He'll have the #1 pick to try to rebuild the team.

Here are the playoff matchups for next week:

Puntzilla's Barnstormers v Bourne Rockers
Evil Empire v Dalton Demons
Deranged Smackdown Clowns v Orange Crush
Omnipotent Raptors v Bloom and Doom

I can't wait for the playoffs to begin. Que sera sera. Let's hope I can bag a championship!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment