Monday, February 16, 2009

Time for an update!

Hey all,

Welcome back to the blog! It's been a few days since the last update. In fact, it may have been as long as a week. Forgive me for that, I've been quite busy. Even though exams are by no means imminent, it's quite obvious that the pressures are ever-present for the people in my class, myself included.

This year we are essentially being made the guinea pigs for the new exam layout, so what to expect is anyone's guess at this point. The secretaries of the chemistry department promise they'll have it done soon and e-mailed out to us to view and enjoy. Okay, maybe not enjoy, but it would be good to see some concrete questions.

In other news, I joined the Royal Society Chemistry. Well, hang on. That happened a few months ago when our lecturer and head of department David Grayson offered us the chance to join for a handy price of 10 euro. I said yes, and just last week did I receive my membership card. It was like joining the Stonecutters (of Simpsons fame) only not as glamourous and without the whipping and songs. Could you imagine chemists singing songs and munching on meat and such? Hilarity would ensue.

Hilarity did ensue today after our 10am lecture. My friend Lorcan won a trip with his other half to Russia in a competition, so I was pleased for him. Good job, man. While we were discussing that, we got into how our lecturer from Belarus, Yurii Gun'ko, could be a Bond villain. His main weapon would be throwing nanotubes at Bond! Brilliant. We had a good laugh about that.

In football news, the Panthers face big decisions this week. They have until Thursday to sign OT Jordan Gross to a long term deal so that they can place the franchise tag on unhappy DE Julius Peppers. That would allow them to trade Peppers for draft picks. I've been checking online every day for updates, but nothing has come yet. I'm sure I'll update the blog if something does happen, but I think tomorrow will be the day.

We have this week and then two more weeks after that left in this term, then three weeks off, then a few more weeks... then exams. Things come around fast.

That's it for this entry! Until next time, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment