Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back at last!

Ever heard that Etta James song "At Last"? Well, you should be playing it right now to commemorate the return of my blog. Yes, I know it's been a while - whoa, it's dusty in here - but the wait is over. Time for an update.

So it's the penultimate week of Hilary Term in college, meaning that exams are creeping up ever so slowly. Essentially, the three weeks we have off to study are huge when it comes to getting prepared. My plan is to pretty much have everything looked over and notes taken in everything by the end of that break. That way, I'll be positioned well for the run-in.

This week, to add to the weekly lab report, I also have to do what is called a viva. It's basically an interview with a member of staff about two experiments we did. We have to explain everything we did and why we did it, all of that jazz. Dr. Morton-Blake, the resident brain box, is asking me the questions. Do I get any lifelines? Come on, at least give me phone a friend!

Today is a half day - gotta love Tuesdays - but I have to head home and get to work on the viva material and finish the lab report first. On top of that, the deadline for SURE is fast approaching. If I haven't mentioned it before, SURE is a programme whereby students are placed in a lab in Trinity with a member of staff to work on a project. It's invaluable for experience, so I'm definitely applying.

I better get going to this lecture. Actually, it's a tutorial. Enda Bergin's final one with us. I did 9 of 11 questions, so I am pretty pleased with myself in that regard. Off to CHLLT!

Later all!

No comments:

Post a Comment