Friday, February 5, 2010

Libraryzilla

Life proceeds at such a fast pace in college. One second you're in the lab doing your research project wondering when you'll finally get that lunch break you've been so craving since 10am, the next you're sitting through lectures in the surprisingly warm Chemistry Building Science Lecture Theatre (CHSCLT). It's crazy, really. Such is the nature of life. If you don't jump on the wagon, you'll get left behind.

I'm starting to get more pro-active now as far my study goes. With the end of the football season officially on Sunday with Super Bowl XLIV (to check out my thoughts on the big game, please go to nfldoublecoverage.mypodcast.com) the time to hit the books has arrived in earnest. I'll be honest with you. It's tough to get back into it after such a long time away. During my research project from September-December, I only focused on my project work and didn't have any lectures, so the disconnection from what most would consider normal college work was established. I, like most of my classmates, am struggling to remember concepts from 3rd year and perhaps further back. I liken it to being on a holiday for six months and returning having not studied chemistry.

Well, it's been a busy week for me and it's about to get a lot busier. I've got dinner plans tonight at Eddie Rocket's which I'm looking forward to, of course. Then comes Super Bowl weekend. My good friend Jeroen will be over to enjoy the festivities. We'll probably play some football and go bowling on Saturday, then take it easy on Sunday as we build up to gametime. By the way, I've got the Saints. It's more of a gut feeling than anything else. To get a full breakdown of my analysis, check out my podcast (see above!).

Plan for today, you ask? Two lectures, done at 12, get a bite to eat and then spend the next few hours studying as I wait for dinner at 6pm. That's about it!

Oh, and I'm working on a trade in my dynasty league. I've decided to take a different approach than before. I'm not simply making a speculative offer out of nowhere. I'm sending the owner a private message first basically detailing what I'm interested in and what I'm willing to trade. His answer was encouraging, and he's very strong at RB (which conversely, I am weakest at) so I hope we can get a deal done.

That's it for today! If you've got nothing to do on Sunday, check out the Super Bowl! It's going to be a heck of a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment