Monday, November 14, 2011

Fantasy Football: My Dynasties More-Than-Halfway Update

You're very welcome back to my blog, centered mostly on the fortunes of my fantasy football teams. It's been a while since the last update. In fact, I'm pretty sure if my blog was a book, it would be lying in a dusty corner with spiders crawling in and out of its pages. At any rate, there is much to tell regarding said teams, so let us begin.

SCHNOCKERED DYNASTY
Team: The Sofa King Awesomes
Record: 3-6 (soon to be 3-7)

As my good friend John would say, 'oy vey'. It's an expression of exasperation, for those who don't know. This is my third year in this league. As my first dynasty league ever, I expected a bumpy ride. I've made some good draft choices who are coming to the fore - Vincent Brown and Emmanuel Sanders come to mind - but there have been too many missing pieces with this roster. Running

back production has been very steady this season with Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch on board, but Mark Ingram (taken 1st overall) hasn't been the player I thought he would be thus far.
It's made for an up and down season of shattered hopes. The good thing is that I have two first round picks in
the upcoming rookie draft, both of which I hope to turn into starters for the long haul. I'll fight til the end.

FX3 IDP LEAGUE
Team: John Coffey's Miracles
Record: 6-3 (soon to be 7-3)

Ah yes, the sweet smell of victory fills my
nostrils. After a shaky start in this league, I've managed to come back strong. I'm a game back on my division's leader, but I'm hoping to claw back the lead and get a top seed in the playoffs. The stars of this team have been Desmond Bishop, Navorro Bowman and of course, 2011 league MVP Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers plays tonight on MNF against the Vikings, but I've already won this week's game.

It's the first year of this league but I like how the team has come together. I especially like my WR corps going forward - Holmes, Colston, Cobb, Denarius Moore, Lloyd, Moss and
Sidney Rice.

FOOTBALLGUYS IDP
Team: Larkin
Record: 3-6 (soon to be 4-6)

I've been on an unfortunate losing streak of four games as of late, but that streak is about to be broken. I've finally won one this week against Wimer, setting me up at 4-6 and a possible Seattle Seahawks-esque run at a wildcard spot. My division is littered with teams with 3-6 and 4-5 records, so I may be able to squeak in behind top dog Bloom (8-1) before the end. There's a cash prize at stake for the winner of this league, and pride as well. Gotta love pride.

I'm not expecting anything in this league in terms of playoff glory, but I think I have the players to pull off an upset next week against the Guru John Norton.

BLACK AND BLUE IDP DYNASTY
Team: The Wet Bandits
Record: 8-1 (soon to be 8-2)

Thinking about this team in the shower of all places today, I felt a little bad for losing two in a row. I started off so well. This could have been the undefeated team. Alas, I have to remember that I'm in a very strong position to retain my championship. Luckily for me, it's no harm no foul this week as the team behind me in the division couldn't get a win this week to keep pace. Only two games remain, so I can clinch that playoff spot with a win next week. I'll be looking to finish strong.

The stars of this team include: Drew Brees, Matt Forte (stud), Jimmy Graham, George Wilson.

DYNASTYGUYS IDP CHARTER LEAGUE
Team: Puntzilla's Barnstormers
Record: 9-0 (soon to be a PERFECT 10-0)

Can I do it? Can I complete a perfect season in fantasy football? The statistics seem to say yes. My all-play record in this league is a phenomenal 124-11, meaning if I had played every other team in every week, I would have only lost 11 games out of a possible 135. That's pretty crazy. I'm just glad to be in a position to make the playoffs for a second consecutive season and this time go further. I got eliminated by the eventual champion last year, but this year I'm looking to finish the job.

The top performers on this team are: Jared Allen, Jimmy Graham, Tony Romo.

Yep, I'm going for perfection. Three games to go, all in the division. I'm fired up.

Until next time, folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment